Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hello Again

So I haven't posted anything in a very long time. In fact, I haven't written anything in my own journal in a long time. College does crazy stuff to your head, people. Actually, it doesn't, it just steals all of your time. And energy. I seriously contemplated going back to my dorm to sleep in between classes today, despite the fact that that would require taking the bus, which in turn requires more energy than just sitting in the little lounge-y place right by the cafeteria.

Anyways, college. It's pretty much what I expected, I guess. I think what I didn't expect was the level of independence. Last week I took the T to Harvard Avenue--which is VERY sketchy at night--by myself to meet up with some friends for dinner. Naturally, I could hardly handle it. I'm so used to NOT being allowed to do things that now that I can quite literally do whatever I want, I have such a hard time. But I managed to get there in one piece (with much help from my best friend, who is my friend because she puts up with all of my craziness like this)and felt pretty good about myself. Ok, so I had a little panic-attack, but the fact that I got on the subway in the first place was a big deal.

Last night I stayed up until one a.m. (which is why I'm so tired) because my roommate was going downstairs to the lounge to play pool with one of her friends, and I decided I'd go along too. Why not? I had no homework left, I'd finished studying for my test--it was already 11 and I should've been going to sleep, but whatever. It was one of those times when I thought to myself, "Hey, I'm in college. I can go out and do something whenever I want, because there is nobody here to tell me not to." It's the little things that are mattering a lot to me.

On a different note, last week it snowed over here--even the locals were up in arms over it. It wasn't much, but it was October and nobody expected it. I loved it. I always tell people that I love snow, and they all roll their eyes and say, "Sure you do. Come talk to me in February when you've gone through a real New England wintah and then we'll see how much you love snow!" But I seriously don't think I'll get tired of it any time soon.

So that's that for now, I guess. Hopefully I'll have the time to post at least once a week from now on. I realize that this is all a bunch of very un-creative rambling, but oh well. I'll start worrying about making sense after I've had some coffee. A lot of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment